FC Red Star New Zealand is one of 18 academies operating within the FC Red Star Belgrade Youth Development System and the first one established outside of Serbia.
As an official FC Red Star academy we:
- Deliver the FC Red Star Belgrade Youth Development Programme.
- Implement the FC Red Star Belgrade code of conduct.
- Train and play in FC Red Star Belgrade team kit.
- Build up a detailed player profile for all academy players and regularly report on their progress to the FC Red Star Youth Development director.
- Organise FC Red Star Belgrade scouting camps in New Zealand
- Have access to all FC Red Star Belgrade scouting camps in Europe, North America and Australia.
- Organise football tours to Serbia.
- Offer trials for FC Red Star youth teams to our most talented players.
- Identifying talented players.
- Providing a first-class football education in a professional environment necessary for developing players capable of playing at the top level.
- Offering a direct pathway from junior to senior football.
Adam Mitchell, the 1st ever NZ player signed by FC Red Star Belgrade
Red Star New Zealand academy is based at Rosmini College, Takapuna. Our intermediate team are New Zealand 2018 runners up. Both U13 and U14 academy/school teams are competing in the very top Auckland wide school leagues. U13’s are the 2019 Knockout Cup finalist and U14′ have come 3rd on the 2019 U15 National Tournament.
Red Star New Zealand uses individual, small group and speed and agility training sessions for improving specific physical, technical/tactical and mental performance related aspects of the game. Our individualised training programmes are open to all academy and non-academy junior players.
Red Star New Zealand can monitor, test, analyse and evaluate all main factors that determine your standard of performance. We can build up your detailed Technical/Tactical, Physical and Psychological/Social profiles
All our academy players have the opportunity to attend any FC Red Star Belgrade junior training camp in Europe, North America and Australia.
FC Red Star Belgrade New Zealand scouting camp in Auckland is open to non-academy player players from New Zealand and Australia age 8 to 16.
All our academy players also have the opportunity to take part in a Serbian Tour, which includes:
- Staying and training at FA Serbia Training Centre, considered to be one of the best in football world.
- Training at the newly built FC Red Star Youth Development Centre.
- Staying and training at the FC Red Start high altitude training camp.
- Playing vs FC Red Star Belgrade youth teams and other Serbian clubs.
- Attending one of FC Red Star matches, meeting players, visiting stadium and museum etc.
FC Red Star New Zealand is a socially responsible academy which offers a sponsorship to all talented players whose parents can not afford our already competitive coaching fees.